Hello! It’s been a while since my last post – I had hoped to write a bit over summer but alas moving cities (I’m now in Sydney for anyone who’d like to catch up) and graduating my PhD got in the way. I’ve finally got back into it and raring to go for a big preseason!
I’d been putting off getting back into things for a while but a recent tweet by The Arc got me off my backside!
Think you can do a better job of predicting the finalists than our Elo model? Go on then! https://t.co/YA3qAhwpPB
— The Arc (@TheArcFooty) January 21, 2017
This is as good as excuse as any to start working on my ELO model for this year. It won’t be much different to last year at this stage 1. I’ve started working on simulations this last week and will have some out next week, in time for The Arc’s competition deadline!
A few other posts I’m working on for prior to pre-season
- Some AFL Women’s content – I don’t know how much I’ll be able to do but plan to at least have a simple ELO model running!
- An interactive ELO chart – Matt from The Arc kindly shared some code for creating interactive plots. I’m going to play around with something but I encourage you to check out The Arc’s interactive ELO plot!
- Best/Worst ELO seasons – I promised to explore this nearly every week last year so I’m going to get something out before the season, I promise!
- Some exploration of player statistics
- much more!
Looking forward to getting back into it. Any suggestions feel free to contact me on Twitter or in the comments below. You can also subscribe below!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- I may begin work on an improved version during the year ↩